Friday 10 July 2015

Coffee. How do you make it in the field?



Everyone loves coffee right? Who doesn't enjoy the morale boost it gives you when your chin strapped in some dump like Brecon or Lydd ranges. Despite the love of tea here in the UK and its rich history with the British army I just find it doesn't cut it for me. 

When I was a teenager at college I used to work at a coffee shop in the high street and have since that day became a addict to the sweet nectar. 

As my taste for coffee has progressed over the years my ability to stomach the crap NescafĂ© sachets has disappeared. Well unless it's absolutely dire. On my last excercise I was verhicle mounted to I had the ability to carry a few extra items so I took my little Italian stove top boiler and a bag of monsoon malabar. Because if your gonna have coffee you might as well go all out. 


Using the pan adapter for my jetboil my coffee maker slotted in perfectly and in two minutes I had a cup that could keep me going till lunch. 

Next payday I'm gonna get some of that OAF branded coffee from the guys at black rifle coffee as those guys have the right idea about coffee. 

I'll start a hashtag of #tacticalcoffeeclub so if anyone wants to contribute how they drink they're joe in the field please feel free to contribute. The most imaginative will win a guns and coffee patch from Ukmc pro in Southsea. 

Or send a email to gladiustactical@gmail.com

Gladius actual out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment